Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries Seasoning Mix



Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I'm going to try and post this quickly so I can go watch a movie and eat chocolate croissants with that handsome husband of mine.

I love sweet potato fries, but I was never able to make them from scratch in the oven and have them turn out crispy like regular potato ones. That is until I read the package of the sweet potato fries I sometimes buy from costco... and then a lightbulb went off in my head for...

Sweet Potato Fries Seasoning Mix (single use)

2 tablespoons corn starch
1.5 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

Big Batch (makes 4 uses)

1/2 cup corn starch
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne



What else you'll need

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
2 tablespoons oil

Toss the sweet potato pieces in oil and seasoning mix (I use a bowl with a lid and shake it) and then spread them out on a baking sheet.



Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until fries begin to brown (about 20-30 minutes).



These fries were so good! Sweet and salty, crispy and chewy! They are a new favorite here in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment