Friday, July 22, 2011

Corn Dog Batter Mix




A couple of weeks ago I went to see the movie 'Bad Teacher' with a friend and when I saw Cameron Diaz eating a pogo in the movie it actually looked pretty tasty.

Then this afternoon we stayed late at the pool with some friends and when we finally got home it was WAY too late to defrost and prepare anything proper for supper. So I thought... why not?

Corn Dog Batter Mix (single use)

1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup corn meal
1 tablespoon dry milk powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder




What else you'll need

1/2 cup water
6 uncooked hot dogs
oil for frying

Combine mix with water and stir until smooth.


Coat hot dogs in batter and fry in a deep fryer or frying pan. I tried my first dog on a skewer to make it more like a pogo but I found it hard to cook it evenly and the batter was sliding down and making it lumpy looking.




We dipped them in mustard. They were very very tasty, way better than I expected. Although I won't make a habit of it....

No comments:

Post a Comment