Monday, October 17, 2011

Fried Fish Coating Mix


My husband really likes when I cook fish, but recently told me that it's just not filling enough. How do you make something more filling? Bread it and fry it!!!

Fried Fish Coating Mix (Single Use)

1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon paprika
/14 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon oregano



What else you'll need

4 pieces of fish (I used sole)
I egg, beaten (optional)
oil for frying

Combine the mix in a large bowl, stirring well. Coat each piece of fish in egg (if desired. I skipped this to avoid eggs) and then dip in the mix until fish is well coated. Pan fry each piece until both sides are brown and fish is properly cooked.




I served mine with a seasoned wild rice mix I created the same day (coming soon) and some salad. Delicious! (Filling too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment