Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Broccoli Beef Stir Fry Mix


I am always on the look out for new stir fry variations and I knew broccoli beef would be a good one to try because I both love beef stir fry and broccoli so much.

Broccoli Beef Stir Fry Mix (single use)

2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


What else you'll need

1/2 cup cold water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
4 cups broccoli florets

Combine mix with water and soy sauce and stir well.




I slice my flank steak while it's still frozen because it makes it easier to get it super thin. The thinner you slice it the more tender it is when you cook it. Slice it across the grain into strips.


The other key to tender stir fry beef is cooking time. Flash fry it on medium high heat in your wok so it cooks for as little time as possible.


Add the sauce, then the broccoli and simmer until broccoli is tender and sauce thickens.



I served my broccoli beef with rice and it was delicious. I think this is my favorite stir fry sauce yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment