Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cajun Crusted Sole Mix


I am amazed that my daughter will so readily eat fish, when I wouldn't even touch the stuff until I was almost 30. I am trying to encourage her adventurous taste buds by keeping it in our regular menu, but that requires me to cook it in many different ways so the ADULTS can stand it!

I haven't been in the mood for fried food lately, but I wanted something crispy. So I concocted...

Cajun Crusted Sole Mix (single use)

1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (double this if you want spicy. This amount is safe for toddlers and pregnant women to consume without trouble)
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon pepper
pinch oregano




Panko are those big lumpy Japanese style bread crumbs that can make any baked food taste breaded and deep fried. They are an amazing invention.

What else you'll need

2 tablespoons oil
1 egg beaten (optional)
4-8 pieces of sole or other white fish

Combine mix with oil and stir well.



Dip fish in egg (I skipped this step) and then dip in the mix, pressing down to make sure enough sticks.



Lay the pieces of a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 8-12 minutes at 475 degrees F until fish starts to brown a little.


I served ours with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. It was so good I made it again last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment