Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mongolian Beef Mix



One of my favorite episodes of South Park has a line where the owner of 'City Wok' screams 'DAMN YOU MONGOLIANS!' and it always makes me giggle. I can't help but think of it when I make this delicious stir fry dish...

Mongolian Beef Mix

1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons corn starch
1 tablespoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon paprika



What else you'll need

1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 pound thinly sliced beef

Combine mix with water and soy and set aside.




Stir fry beef strips quickly on high heat and then stir in sauce and cook until sauce thickens.



I served it with rice and steamed stir fry vegetables, which was perfect. The sauce was incredibly sweet, in the way that Chinese take out tends to be. If you like (or need) something less sweet I would use less sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment