Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thai Chili Tuna Seasoning Mix



I started liking tuna when I lived in Australia. They had just come out with those little cans in different flavors, and I used to bring one with 2 slices of bread in my lunch and construct my sandwich once I got to school or my teaching placements.

When I came home they had just started making them here as well, but what I didn't like about them was the cost- the can was half the size, yet the same price or more. Also, the big cans and no name cans are the ones that always go on sale, which makes the flavored ones even more expensive. I wanted my cheap price but my yummy flavor! What was I to do.... well.....

Thai Chili Tuna Seasoning Mix

1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (depending if you want mild or spicy tuna. I used 1/8)



What else you'll need

1 can tuna, drained
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon oil

Combine mix, oil, vinegar and tuna and mix well.



Either chill in fridge or eat right away. I made sandwiches for me and wraps for my husband. It made 4 good sized sandwiches/wraps. I served them with bacon dill potato salad (another mix coming up) and fresh green salad greens grown in my own garden! It was a delicious light meal for a summer night!

No comments:

Post a Comment