Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bacon Dill Potato Salad Mix


My latest mix was eaten without me (and therefore not fully tested or photographed) because my littlest girl was very sick this week and we spent a couple nights at CHEO while she recovered. As a result I haven't had much time for cooking anything else, so I'm going to post a mix I made earlier on this year while I was pregnant.

A friend of ours makes the world's best potato salad. It's legendary, and I'll never make anything that compares (the secret ingredient is bacon grease). But I wanted to try a mix that was similar (even if slightly healthier), so here it is.

Bacon Dill Potato Salad Mix

1 tablespoon bacon bits
1 tablespoon dried chives
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dill seed
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper


What else you'll need

4 cups cooked chopped potatoes, cooled
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or oil and vinegar combo)
2 chopped dill pickles

Combine mix with mayo and pickles and then stir into potatoes until evenly coated. Keep refrigerated.



I served ours with salad and tuna sandwiches. It was eaten up very fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment