Thursday, July 26, 2012

White Cake Mix


I love my little baby, but I miss spending time with my big girl- we used to be together all the time. Recently I've been trying to make the most of the time I do have with her so we can really enjoy it, and one thing I decided to do was teach her to bake. And nothing is more exciting to an almost 3 year old than...

CAKE!

White Cake Mix (single use)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup powdered milk
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt


Excuse the mayhem of mess surrounding the bowl, 3 year olds aren't very neat. Neither am I frankly...




What else you'll need

1 cup water
2 eggs or equivalent
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine mix with wet ingredients and stir. If you like colored cakes add whatever food coloring you want. My daughter asked for 'rainbow cake' and I took the lazy route. I also made it into cupcakes, because they are easier for kids to eat. Pour the batter into greased pans or tins.


Bake at 350 degrees F for the desired amount of time depending on the size of the pan. Another advantage of cupcakes is they are done much faster for excited and impatient children and husbands waiting for cake.


These were very delicious! I didn't use any icing because I wanted to cut down the sugar content (frosting has twice as much sugar as the cake itself!), but I think they would be even more amazing frosted. Maybe when the kids are older....

No comments:

Post a Comment