Friday, August 31, 2012

Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Rub Mix


We spent a LOT of money while I was sick, so we're trying to save up now by using up everything that's in our freezer before we buy more. That includes the GIANT bag of fish from Costco. But to get away with serving the same type of fish several times a week I have to make it taste different every time. So...

Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Rub Mix

1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon cayenne


What else you'll need

1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Fish or chicken to rub it on


You can either use this mix as a dry rub or mix it with the oil and lemon and spread it on. I prefer a wet rub as I find it makes for moister food. This rub goes very well on salmon, but I used sole as it's what we have and costs a lot less.


I served my fish with homemade fries and mixed veggies (another giant Costco bag in the freezer to use up) and everyone was very happy with the results.


1 comment: