Monday, September 3, 2012

Slow cooker Korean short ribs mix


It's September, and the days are slightly cooler. That means... slow cooking again! The other day we decided to take the girls out boating on the lake, and I knew that we would come home late and tired and tempted to order take out. So I filled up the crock pot before we left with...

Korean Short Ribs Mix

2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dried green onions
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper


What else you'll need

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup of water

Combine mix, soy sauce and water and stir well


Pour sauce over the ribs in the slow cooker.


Cook on low for 8-10 hours


After 10 hours the meat will be falling off the bone, so only cook for 8 if you want to gnaw off the meat. We had no choice because it took us 10 hours to get home.

I served our ribs with rice and that giant bag of Costco veggies we are trying to use up.


Delicious! Not as sweet as my honey garlic rib mix, but very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so good! I use my slow cooker during the summer so that I don't have to heat up the whole kitchen. It is a year round tool around here!

    ReplyDelete