Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup Mix


Our daughter started preschool a couple weeks ago and now our whole family has that nasty 'back to school' cold that every family with kids gets every year at the end of September.

I like chicken noodle soup when I have a cold, but I feel too sick to make it from scratch, and canned soup has this gross aftertaste that lasts for hours. I need something easy, but with less chemicals than those little packets of instant soup. So I mix it up...

Chicken Noodle Soup Mix

1/2 cup uncooked pasta noodles
2 tablespoons dehydrated vegetable flakes
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon parsley


Combine mix with 3 cups of cold water in a small saucepan.



Simmer for about 20 minutes until noodles and vegetables are tender.


I had my soup with some crackers I found when foraging in the cupboards.


This soup was very good, almost as good as from scratch! You can make several batches of it and store them in ziploc bags for fast use when you're too sick to bother. Which is exactly what I'm going to do, we've got a long winter ahead with many many colds to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment