Friday, June 3, 2011

Gluten Free Meatloaf Mix




My husband likes classic 'comfort foods' like meatloaf, so while I've always despised such things I thought I would give it another try for his sake.

Meatloaf Mix

1 cup quick cook oats (for those with Gluten allergy use the 'safe' brands)
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt




What else you'll need

1 pound of ground beef
1 cup water

Combine mix, water and beef and stir until smooth. Shape mixture into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.


I tried making this two ways- one with bread crumbs, milk and egg replacer (the classic way) and the other with oats, which allows you to omit the wheat, milk and egg, making it not only cheaper but hypoallergenic for those with allergies and intolerances.

Both kinds tasted exactly the same, and my husband and daughter LOVED them. I thought they were ok but I'm still not won over by meatloaf. I'll just make it once in a while when I want to butter him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment