Tuesday, October 9, 2012

BBQ popcorn and chip seasoning mix


Lately my oldest daughter's favorite snack is 'pawcorn'. I wanted to introduce her to some different flavors, but I didn't want her eating all the MSG and crap in the commercial seasonings so today I decided to mix it up...

BBQ popcorn and chip seasoning mix (big batch)

3 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne


I put mine in a spice jar from the dollar store with a shaker lid. There was a little too much so I'm going to use the extras as a rub for chicken or fish at dinner time.


What else you'll need

Plain popcorn
Butter or oil (optional)

I saw on pinterest that you can make microwave popcorn in a pyrex bowl. You just put 1/4 cup of popcorn in the bowl, cover it with a plate and microwave for about 2 1/2-3 minutes. Remove the VERY HOT plate using oven mitts immediately so it doesn't get soggy.




Once the popcorn is ready drizzle it with oil or butter (unless you're doing the dieting thing... we're not...) and then sprinkle seasoning on liberally....


BBQ 'pawcorn' was a huge success! It tasted just like BBQ chips so I'll be using it on chips or french fries next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment