Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Copycat Hamburger Helper Lasagna Mix

I love lasagna but it's too much work to make it. I've been tempted by boxes of hamburger helper lasagna in the past but could never get past the scary ingredients, so I've been working on my own version for a while now. The other night I finally got it perfected!

Copycat Hamburger Helper Lasagna Mix

2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast



What else you'll need

5 lasagna noodles broken into pieces
3 cups water
1/4 cup tomato paste (about 1/3 of a can)
1 cup shredded mozzarella

Brown beef and drain. In a saucepan combine mix and water and stir well, then add beef and noodles and simmer on medium heat until sauce thickens and noodles are tender.



Stir in mozzarella until it melts, then serve. Top with Parmesan cheese if you like (I don't!). This was delicious and lasagna like and so easy but without any scary chemicals. I loved it!



2 comments:

  1. I have my own fake Lasagna Hamburger Helper recipe, and the first time I made it, I subbed in a can of drained/rinsed white beans instead of the ground beef.

    It was way better than the ground beef. And this from someone who loves her meat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this would make a good meatless side dish too, like my copy cat Sidekicks pasta recipes. I should try a mix for a veggie lasagna main or side dish.

    ReplyDelete