Monday, February 28, 2011

Stew Mix




I love making stew on a cold day. It’s the best way to make a bunch of cheap food taste great, or to use up whatever you have in your fridge. It’s only 3 weeks until spring (woo hoo!) so I’m trying to make all my winter meals one last time before it gets too hot to enjoy them.

Stew Mix

1 cup corn starch
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper

What else you’ll need

3 cups cold water
1 pound stew meat in cubes
8 cups chopped veggies (potatoes, carrots, frozen peas, yams, green beans, celery, parsnips- whatever you have).

In a slow cooker mix water, 1/3 cup powder and meat and cook on high while you chop the veggies. Add vegetables and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I made mine with beef, 4 potatoes, 4 carrots and 2 cups of frozen peas. It was a hit, men and toddlers love stew, and it tastes even better reheated the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's really amazing I have heard a new app apple calories this app is great and I have started looking at it. Thanks for the help and suggesting the matter I will go forward with it. Keep publishing and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete