Friday, March 18, 2011

Fettucine Alfredo Sauce Mix


My husband has been on a real pasta kick lately. I think this is because he finally got sick of eating peanut butter and jelly between meals. He's been boiling himself pasta and using various no-fuss toppings- salad dressing, cheese, Ragu... so I decided to try making a mix for alfredo sauce to mix it up.

Alfredo Sauce Mix

2 cups powdered milk
1 cup corn starch
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
3 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper




The little flakes are dried onion flakes. I didn't like the texture of them in the sauce though so I modified the recipe to use onion powder. When substituting onion or garlic powder for flakes only use 1/3 of the amount.



Mix 1/4 cup of mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/4 cup of water. I used the leftover boiling water from cooking the noodles so the butter would melt easily because I'm a genius like that.


I used whole wheat fettucine noodles. It tasted great (except for the onion bits) and was very garlicky, but that's how alfredo sauce tends to be.


My daughter didn't really know what to make of the long floppy noodles. I think next time I'll make it with more kid friendly pasta shapes like bow ties or rotini.

1 comment: