Friday, September 23, 2011

Crab Dip Mix

So my husband bought a drum set this summer, which means a lot of noise not just from him, but from the band practices he's been hosting at our house. But I like band practice, because it means more people over here to taste test my mixes. The last time he held one I decided to try something fancy...

Crab Dip Mix (Single Use)

2 teaspoons onion flakes
1 teaspoon chives
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon garlic flakes
¼ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon pepper
Pinch thyme
Pinch ginger




Big Batch (makes 6 uses)

4 tablespoons onion flakes
2 tablespoons chives
2 tablespoons celery seeds
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon garlic flakes
1 ½ teaspoons cayenne
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon ginger

What else you’ll need

1 small tub/block of plain cream cheese (250 g)
½ cup mayo
1 small can of crab, drained

Combine 2-3 tablespoons of mix with cream cheese, mayonnaise and crab and mix well. I skipped the mayo since I can't eat it so the dip was thicker, but the mayo would make it smoother I imagine.



I served it with carrot sticks, but it would be great on pitas or as a topping or filling for hors derves. It's the kind of thing you can make when you want to be a little bit fancy for guests. We all loved it, including my daughter, who called it 'hummus'.

No comments:

Post a Comment