Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stir fry seasoning mix




We're a big stir fry family and one of my favourite meals in the world is a basic Chinese stir fry with lots of vegetables. Lately I've been seeing various packets of 'stir fry seasoning' in the grocery store so I knew I had to mix it up!

Stir fry seasoning mix (single use)

1 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt




Big batch (makes 4 uses)

1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
4 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt

What else you'll need

1 pound of diced chicken, beef, pork (or shrimp, tofu, ect)
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cup water
2 cups frozen or fresh diced vegetables

Combine 3 tablespoons of mix with soy sauce and water in a bowl and stir. Set bowl aside for later.


Fry the meat in the oil. I used chicken.


Stir in the vegetables and cook until slightly tender.


Pour in the sauce and cook until sauce thickens.


Serve with rice or Chinese noodles.


BEST STIR FRY I'VE EVER EATEN! (Seriously, it really was!)

No comments:

Post a Comment