Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Baba Ghanoush Seasoning Mix


I love Lebanese food! We have a little take out place on the corner that I go to way more often than I should. I think my second daughter was made up entirely of their food as I craved it all the time when I was pregnant with her. I get it whenever I want a fast food fix but don't want to eat garbage, but it gets pretty expensive so I learned how to make shawarma and falafel at home, and then recently I came up with this as well...

Baba Ghanoush Seasoning Mix

1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
pinch cumin
pinch cayenne


What else you'll need

1 eggplant
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice

For garnish

Olive oil
More dried parsley flakes

Roast the eggplant in the oven until tender and then scoop out the cooked insides into a bowl and pour seasonings on top.




Add tahini and lemon and blend mixture until smooth. Drizzle with olive oil and spinkle some parsley flakes on top for garnish. Serve as a dip with veggies or pita or use as a spread for shawarma, falafel or other sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment