Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fettuccine Alfredo Mix


First off, I am starting to add pin buttons to the bottom of my posts to make it easier for everyone to pin my recipes onto pinterest. I'm slowly working my way back through old recipes.

Also... wow is it ever cold. Like the other day I tried to take out the garbage and my back door was frozen shut. As a result I'm trying to cook with whatever I have in the house so I don't have to leave. Today I noticed we have a lot of pasta. So...

Fettuccine Alfredo Mix (single use)

2 tablespoons powdered milk
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 1/2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch pepper


What else you'll need

1 cup uncooked pasta noodles (fettuccine is hard to measure in a cup so just grab a fistful about a quarter in diameter).
2 cups cold water
2 tablespoon butter

Combine mix, butter, noodles and water in a small saucepan and stir.


Simmer on medium heat until noodles are tender and sauce thickens.


Serve as a main dish or side. This is a Lipton's sidekick copycat recipe so it's lower in fat than regular alfredo but still very creamy.


3 comments:

  1. Fettuccine Alfredo MIX! How clever of you! One of my favorite dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sugar enhances the flavor but you can omit it if you're diabetic.

    ReplyDelete