Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sweet onion teriyaki sub sauce mix



I really love Subway but I find it's way too expensive (especially for the specialty subs!) and also the processed meat doesn't agree very well with me. I was in there yesterday trying to think of why it tastes so good when all it is really is a bunch of sandwiches. It didn't take me very long to realize it's the SUB SAUCES!

Today I had a bunch of cooked chicken thighs left over from last night so I decided I was going to make my own...

Sweet onion teriyaki sub sauce mix

1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder



What else you'll need

3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce (more if you like it stronger. I don't like a strong 'soy' taste).

Combine mix with wet ingredients in a bottle or jar and shake until well mixed.



Use as a sauce on cooked chicken or lunch meat sandwiches, or even as a salad dressing. I made a nice chicken sub with a shredded leftover chicken thigh and some mixed greens. It was delicious, healthier and MUCH cheaper!



No comments:

Post a Comment