Friday, March 29, 2013

Poppy seed dressing mix

I've been on a fruit topped salad kick lately (you know, sliced strawberries, mandarin pieces, ect). I wanted a sweet dressing to compliment them, so I made this:

Poppy seed dressing mix (single use- makes about one cup of dressing)

1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder



What else you'll need

3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar

Combine mix with wet ingredients and mix well. I put mine in an empty BBQ sauce bottle that I use for homemade salad dressings and shook it hard.



It was delicious on mixed greens with strawberries. I also like to use it on salads with mandarin slices, avocado slices, baby spinach, sliced almonds or candied nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment