Monday, October 3, 2011

Ramen Noodle Seasoning Mix




Ok admit it. We all eat ramen noodles sometimes. They are cheap, they are tasty and they are fast. I love those tasty noodles, but that little seasoning packet is loaded with MSG, so much that it gives me the shakes. I tried a few other options- topping the noodles with a bottled sauce like plum or hoisen, but it just doesn't satisfy the ramen noodle craving. So I knew I had to create something that would taste the same!

Ramen Noodle Seasoning Mix (Single Use)

1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon dried chives
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon dried onion flakes




Big Batch (makes 6 uses)

2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons dried chives
1 tablespoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons dried onion flakes

What else you’ll need

1 packet ramen noodles
2 cups boiling water






Remove the noodles from the package and place them in a large bowl, discarding the seasoning package. Add 1 tablespoon of mix to the noodles and pour in water.




Let it sit covered for 3-5 minutes before eating.


They tasted like real Mr. Noodles only better, because they didn't have that metallic aftertaste. Now I can enjoy Ramen noodles whenever I like with less sodium and no twitching limbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment