Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chai tea mix




First off I apologize for my recent lack of posts, but I was on vacation! We drove out to Prince Edward Island and rented a cottage.

Anyway, most people are under the impression that to get a good cup of chai they need to spend a fortune at a coffee shop or buy really expensive tea bags. This mix tastes better than anything you can order in a cafe and costs very little to make. All you need to do is add a spoonful or two to a regular cup of tea and you've got sweet delicious chai. The best part is that since you put it in an ordinary cup of tea you can serve both decaf and regular chai to your guests with just one mix.


Chai tea mix: Big Batch (makes 12 uses)

1 cup sugar
½ cup powdered milk
½ teaspoon cardamom
½ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon pepper



What else you'll need


1 cup boiling water
1 black tea bag

Use 2 tablespoons of mix with 1 cup of black tea.

I used my sister as a tester for this mix on her recent visit since she likes chai so much and I think she had about 6 cups of it she liked it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment