Monday, June 27, 2011

Satay Sauce Mix




When I lived in Australia there was this kebab shop on campus that offered a choice of sauces on your chicken sandwich and I always chose the satay sauce. It was incredible. When I returned home I tried the bottled sauces but they just didn't taste right. The unnamed pyramid scheme company version of a mix tasted worse than the bottled kind.

I was very determined to get it right....

Today in my mix it up kitchen I gave it a go...

Satay Sauce Mix (single use)

2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 teaspoons dried garlic flakes
1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
1/8 teaspoon dried lemon peel
1/8 teaspoon coriander powder




What else you'll need

1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons soy sauce

Combine the mix, soy sauce and peanut butter and microwave for 30 seconds until peanut butter is melted, then stir in the coconut milk.




I served mine with some grilled chicken as a dipping sauce but it's great for fresh spring rolls, shrimp and other Thai dishes.




Let me just say... OH MY GOD! I got it right! It tastes exactly like the kind in Australia. My husband was snorting it down so fast that it was all gone before I had eaten one piece of chicken. He wanted to lick the bowl clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment