Friday, May 18, 2012

Chicken and Rice Casserole Mix




As always I've been looking for quick meals I can throw together with some leftover chicken and here is one I came up with recently.

Chicken and Rice Casserole Mix (single use)

1/3 cup powdered milk
1/4 cup corn starch
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper


What else you'll need

4 cups cold water
1.5 cups uncooked rice
2 tablespoons oil or butter
1 cup diced cooked chicken

Combine mix with cold water and stir well.


In a buttered casserole dish combine mix and water, rice, oil and chicken and cooked covered for 1 hour at 350 degrees F, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Casserole is ready when rice is tender and fluffy.


I served my casserole with steamed broccoli the first time I tried it and salad the second. It was a nice, easy meal and delicious too!

No comments:

Post a Comment