Monday, May 28, 2012

Schezuan Sauce Mix


I'm back on another stir fry kick- It's always been one of my favorite meals. I've completely given up on those bottled sauces (if the price wasn't bad enough, the sodium content will do it!), but I like to have a bunch of variety. Here is my latest concoction!

Schezuan Sauce Mix

1 tablespoon corn starch
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne


This is a mild sauce suitable for small children, for a spicy sauce add more cayenne to suit your tastes.

What else you'll need

1/2 cup cold water
3 tablespoons soy sauce
oil for frying
1 pound boneless meat cut in strips or chunks
4 cups chopped veggies (I use Costco frozen stir fry mix because I'm lazy and it's very good!)

Combine mix with water and soy sauce and stir until smooth. Stir fry meat in the oil first (I like to dust my chicken with 1/2 cup of flour mixed with 1 teaspoon of salt to give it that 'fried' take out taste sometimes).


Once chicken is cooked fully add sauce and vegetables and cook until vegetables are warm and sauce thickens. I served mine on a bed of rice. It was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment