Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemon Pepper Chicken Rub Mix



Although I tend to use the same spice rub every time I roast a chicken, just because I’m lazy, we like it so much and we don’t get sick of it, the enormous popularity of the first rub has prompted me to try a new recipe so I could post about it.

Lemon pepper chicken rub mix (single use)

2 tablespoons dried lemon peel
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon dried thyme



Use one mix for each whole chicken or 4 chicken pieces.



I used a spoon to put the mixture on the chicken but had to rub some of it on myself as this mix is a bit more crumbly than the other one.



Cook on low for 8-10 hours.

I served mine with steamed asparagus and roasted sweet potato chunks.



I used the leftover bits of chicken to make the next recipe… to be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment