Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bacon and Chive Dip Mix




I don’t know what it is about men and vegetables, but I’m always trying to find ways to get my husband to eat more of them. I think dip was invented for that very purpose. We had some family over on Sunday so I made some bacon and chive dip mix for them.

Bacon and Chive Dip Mix

Single Use

2 tablespoons bacon bits
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 tablespoon dried chives
2 teaspoons bouillon mix
¼ teaspoon dried garlic flakes

Big Batch (makes 4 uses)

½ cup bacon bits
¼ cup dried onion flakes
¼ cup dried chives
3 tablespoons bouillon mix
1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes




What else you’ll need

1 500 ml tub (2 cups) of sour cream or yogurt




Combine ¼ cup of mix with sour cream or yogurt and let it sit in a covered container in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors infuse before serving.




I served it with baby carrots because they involve the least amount of work. You can make the dip light by using low fat or fat free sour cream or yogurt, but we used full fat because we’re not trying to lose weight. Fat is tasty.

The best part about this dip is that when our guests went home and I was too lazy to cook a real meal I made some baked potatoes and we used the leftover dip to top them.

No comments:

Post a Comment